During the Summer months we’re pretty much a cereal and toast kind of family. It’s quick, it’s easy and it fills out tummies until snack time comes around. But once those cold Fall mornings arrive, we find ourselves craving something a little warmer and heavier.
I just love comfort food, don’t you? One of my all time favourite comfort foods is a delicious quiche! It combines some of the tastiest ingredients like eggs, bacon, cheese and milk, and it sustains us for a longer period of time. This weekend I decided to alter how I usually cook quiche and make mini ones instead!
Mini quiches are just as tasty but a tad more convenient when you have a large gathering. You can use them as a breakfast food or as a party appetizer, and they can even be frozen and stored for later! Plus, they feel kind of fancy!
In case you’re looking to add some fancy (but easy to make) comfort food to your menu, here is my recipe for tasty Bacon and Cheese Mini Quiches!
TENDERFLAKE® Tart Shells (This recipe will make approx. 24)
8 slices of bacon
1 onion (chopped)
1 cup of half & half
1 cup of grated cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 and place TENDERFLAKE® Tart Shells on a baking sheet.
2. Chop up your onion and cut up your uncooked bacon. I tend to use a pair of scissors to quickly snip my bacon into small slices. Fry in a pan until onions are soft and bacon is cooked.
3. Spread a little grated cheese over the bottoms of your TENDERFLAKE® Tart Shells and then evenly spread your cooked onions/bacon on top.
4. Combine eggs and cream in separate bowl and mix well. Pour into your TENDERFLAKE® Tart Shells on top of bacon, cheese and onion. Sprinkle with some salt & pepper.
5. Place baking sheet with quiches into oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!