If you’re looking for the easiest Christmas treats to make with kids, Santa Hugs are the way to go. They’re relatively mess free, require few ingredients, and are ready in ten minutes!
We’re learning about how different cultures celebrate the holidays, so Santa Hugs were our creative treat for St. Nicholas Day. We’re huge fans of that sweet and salty combination, and stores will charge upwards of $10 for a small bag of something similar.
We picked up all our ingredients at our local Walmart, and the cost was very low.
Here’s how to make Santa Hugs.
To start, you’ll need the following ingredients:
* Square or circular pretzels (no sticks)
* Hershey’s Cookies n cream bars (I prefer the minis from the dollar store)
* Red and green M&M’s
1. Preheat your oven to 190. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
2. Place pretzels in rows about 1/2 inch apart.
3. Place individual squares of Cookies n Cream bars on each pretzel.
4. Bake in oven until chocolate just begins to melt. Take out of the oven.
5. Immediately place 1 (or 2) M&M’s on the top of each chocolate.
6. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden.
That’s it! Take them our of the fridge and then store in a resealable bag or other form of airtight container – they’ll keep for a long time.