Easter is coming! Easter is coming!
As soon as I see all those Easter treats hit store shelves I begin dreaming up how I’ll bake with them. I love the pastel colours of this holiday and I love the way they look on my table this time of year!
You know what else I love? A soft and chewy cookie! I’ve never been a fan of cookies that snap or crunch, but it takes the proper amount of the right ingredients and perfect cooking time to really get the results I want.
Well friends, I’ve done it! I’ve nailed down THE BEST Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies and I’m going to pass it along to you today! They’re so easy to make and they’re sure to be a hit wherever they’re served!
THE BEST Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Easter Egg Candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream shortening and margarine in mixing bowl.
3. Add white sugar and brown sugar.
4. Add eggs and vanilla.
5. In separate bowl mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt.)
6. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Blend until all ingredients are combined well to form a soft dough.
7. Add chocolate chips and stir by hand.
8. Place parchment paper on baking tray and form dough into 2 inch balls. Do not flatten!
9. Add Easter egg candies on top
10. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bottoms just begin to brown.
*NOTE: The centre of the cookies may look uncooked, but they’re not! Leave them on tray or paper until they cool so that they keep their shape. This helps them stay moist and soft for days after baking. I actually cooked these ones in muffin pans to keep that perfect circular shape!*
These cookies are easy to store in your cookie jar or bring along to a family meal. For extra fun, get the kids in the kitchen with you! They’ll love being given the important task of egg placement.